- How Ext JS allows you to create these applications with a slick user interface with a minimum of effort
- How the other parts of Ext JS aside from the GUI widgets provide many of the capabilities modern applications need, such as Ajax and data mechanisms
- How other technologies such as Gears can be brought in to make the applications more powerful
What you’ll learn
- Develop interesting Web 2.0 “front ends,” RIAs (Rich Internet Applications), and more.
- Create a number of applications from the projects or pragmatic case studies that the author gives you.
- Create an organizer, timekeeper, a code cabinet, and more.
- Get back to basics and back ends using a SQL workbench, Google Gears, and Ext BASIC.
- Pull it all together by designing a game using Ext JS.
- And more
Who is this book for
Web application developers, senior project leads, and application architects.
About the Apress Practical Series
The Practical series from Apress is your best choice for getting the job done, period. From professional to expert, this series lets you apply project–motivated templates (or frameworks) step by step in a very direct, practical, and efficient manner toward current real–world projects that may be sitting on your desk. So whatever your career goal, Apress can be your trusted guide to take you where you want to go on your IT career empowerment path.