Beginning Google Maps Mashups with Mapplets, KML, and GeoRSS: From Novice to Professional (Paperback)
- 出版商: Apress
- 出版日期: 2008-11-21
- 售價: $1,403
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,333
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 416
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1430216204
- ISBN-13: 9781430216209
Beginning Google Maps Mashups with Mapplets, KML, and GeoRSS is a beginner’s guide to creating web mashups using Google mapping technology.
- Serves as a single–source primer to displaying data on Google Maps
- Covers both mapplets and the Google Maps API
- Provides everything you need to start participating in the Geographic Web
What you’ll learn
- “Mash up” GeoWeb services onto a Google map.
- Package your mashup as a mapplet and publish it to maps.google.com.
- Enhance your map with driving directions, local search, map advertising, and more.
- Discover common Google–mapping mistakes to avoid.
- Find out how and when to geocode existing data into mappable coordinates.
- Deliver your own data as GeoXML.
Who is this book for?
This book is for web designers and developers who have not worked with Google Maps or geographic data before. A working knowledge of HTML is required, and some programming experience is beneficial.
About the Apress Beginning Series
The Beginning series from Apress is the right choice to get the information you need to land that crucial entry–level job. These books will teach you a standard and important technology from the ground up because they are explicitly designed to take you from “novice to professional.” You’ll start your journey by seeing what you need to know—but without needless theory and filler. You’ll build your skill set by learning how to put together real–world projects step by step. So whether your goal is your next career challenge or a new learning opportunity, the Beginning series from Apress will take you there—it is your trusted guide through unfamiliar territory!