Instant OpenLayers Starter
Alessio Di Lorenzo, Giovanni Allegri
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-04-20
- 售價: $880
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $836
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 58
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 178216510X
- ISBN-13: 9781782165101
Web Mapping made simple and fast!
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Visualize your geographical data
- Integrate with third party map services to create mash-ups
- Stylize and interact with your maps
Instant OpenLayers Starter gives you the possibility to produce your first "real" web map without being an experienced programmer or a GIS specialist. It provides you with an overview of the most popular vector and raster data formats used to share spatial information on the Web. By the end of the book you will be able to amaze your boss with a brand new web map and a bag of skills to give life to your geodata.
Instant OpenLayers Starter guides you through a fast and effective journey of web mapping, to discover how easy it is to put maps in your web projects, from simple base maps to interactive geo mash-ups, Google Maps, OpenStreetmap, GeoRSS, Panoramio, and your data. Starting with a lot of geo-information sources and a powerful library, we will explore how to manage maps inside web pages using basic third-party base maps to the overlay of re-projected vector data, going through styling thematic data and data interaction.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn OpenLayers and what you can expect by using it
- Install and configure a simple web environment to publish your maps
- Use the OpenLayers library in your web projects
- Add layers from a variety of different sources, local and remote
- Activate and deactivate layers using scale dependency
- Show a popup with information contained in your spatial data
- Combine styling properties, data retrieving, and representation strategies to make your web maps responsive and readable
Who this book is written for