Pro RFID in BizTalk Server 2009 (Paperback)
Mark Simms, Mark Beckner, Ram Venkatesh
The market for Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology is expanding rapidly, constituting billions of dollars annually. As more organizations adopt RFID solutions and related equipment, the need to route, map, and execute workflows based on RFID data grows exponentially. Microsoft’s solution to this demand is BizTalk RFID, an application built to distribute, track, analyze, and provide visibility into enterprise data collected using RFID technologies. To aid in the rapid understanding and adoption of BizTalk RFID, this book’s authors have joined together to present the definitive resource for unlocking the potential of the application.
With extensive code and configuration examples and multiple case studies illustrating how this application is being used in various industries, authors Ram Venkatesh, the lead developer of the BizTalk RFID platform, Mark Simms, a leading architect and developer of BizTalk RFID solutions, and Mark Beckner, a BizTalk Server and enterprise architecture specialist, ensure that you will gain the insight and master the tools necessary to be able to confidently and efficiently implement a BizTalk RFID solution.
What you’ll learn
- Understand RFID BizTalk application design and architecture.
- Build and develop an RFID BizTalk solution.
- Explore in–depth analysis and examples for event and command processing.
- Utilize and implement Mobile RFID solutions.
- Instantiate workflows with the core BizTalk engine’s adapters and orchestrations.
- Validate and route data using the Business Rules Engine.
- Integrate with MSMQ, WCF, web services, and external applications to ensure enterprise adoption.
- Understand guidelines around testing, deploying, and managing RFID BizTalk solutions.
- Store and access RFID–related metrics.
- Learn how the technology is being applied across numerous industries through extensive real–world case studies.
Who is this book for?
This book is for solution architects, application developers, and IT administrators involved in the development and deployment of Microsoft BizTalk RFID solutions. The essential reference for covering the vital aspects of building solutions with Microsoft BizTalk RFID, adding crucial real–world context and experience to the standard product documentation, this book will cover the end–to–end BizTalk RFID experience: learning, developing, deploying, and managing. Readers at any level of experience should expect to walk away with concrete, tangible actions that can be taken to achieve success with any BizTalk RFID implementation.
About the Apress Pro Series
The Apress Pro series books are practical, professional tutorials to keep you on and moving up the professional ladder.
You have gotten the job, now you need to hone your skills in these tough competitive times. The Apress Pro series expands your skills and expertise in exactly the areas you need. Master the content of a Pro book, and you will always be able to get the job done in a professional development project. Written by experts in their field, Pro series books from Apress give you the hard–won solutions to problems you will face in your professional programming career.