Foundations of CentOS Linux: Enterprise Linux On the Cheap
Chivas Sicam, Ryan Baclit, Peter Membrey, John Newbigin
You need to maintain clients, servers and networks, while acquiring new skills. Foundations of Cent OS Linux: Enterprise Linux On the Cheap covers a free, unencumbered Linux operating system within the Red Hat lineage, but it does not assume you have a Red Hat Enterprise Linux license. Now you can learn CentOS Linux, the most powerful and popular of all Red Hat clones, keep maintaining your network at work, and become an RHCE, all just for the cost of this book.
- Introduces CentOS Linux and Fedora clients as equals to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Sets up CentOS as a secure, high–performance web services back end
- Prepares you for the RHCE examination, but does not assume an RHEL installation
What you’ll learn
If you want to use CentOS servers professionally and attach Red Hat clients, you need to know as much as a Red Hat engineer. This book has been written by two RHCEs who use CentOS 90% of the time, so after studying this book, you will know as much as an RHCE. And if you still want to take RHCE examinations, you can!
- Install and configure CentOS servers.
- Attach Fedora clients.
- Design servers with security built in from the ground up.
- Integrate Fedora clients and CentOS servers.
- Set up directory services.
- Learn to use virtualization techniques.