Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring (Paperback)
Robert Davis, Ken Simmons
Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring is your complete guide to planning, using, deploying, and maintaining database mirroring as a high-availability option. Mirroring protects you by maintaining one or more duplicate copies of your database for use in the event the primary copy is damaged. It is a key component of any production-level, high-availability solution. This book covers the full spectrum of database mirroring, taking you from the planning phase through the implementation to the maintenance phase and beyond.
- Easy to follow, step-by-step instructions for beginner and intermediate users
- In-depth, detailed information for advanced and expert users
- Covers all phases of database mirroring from planning to sustained maintenance
What you'll learn
- Plan effectively for database mirroring. Learn what questions to ask and what problems to anticipate
- Get step-by-step instructions on how to set up database mirroring
- Automate the initial setup and the ongoing maintenance of mirrored databases
- Monitor database mirroring, detect failures, and generate automated alerts
- Build a system that automatically responds to and fixes common problems
- Build in support for the missing facets of database mirroring, such as support for cross-database dependencies
- Define groups of databases that all fail over together to their mirrors when just one of those databases fails
- Create operational processes so that even nontechnical staff can manage mirrored databases
Who is this book for?
General audience: Pro SQL Server 2008 Database Mirroring is aimed at SQL Server 2008 database administrators, and especially those who desire to mirror their databases in support of high availability. System administrators and operational engineers who manage Windows Server systems that support mirrored database environments will also find much in the book of interest.
About the Apress Pro Series
The Apress Pro series books are practical, professional tutorials to keep you on and moving up the professional ladder.
You have gotten the job, now you need to hone your skills in these tough competitive times. The Apress Pro series expands your skills and expertise in exactly the areas you need. Master the content of a Pro book, and you will always be able to get the job done in a professional development project. Written by experts in their field, Pro series books from Apress give you the hard–won solutions to problems you will face in your professional programming career.