Expert Oracle Practices: Oracle Database Administration from the Oak Table (Paperback)
Pete Finnigan, Alex Gorbachev, Randolf Geist, Tim Gorman, Connie Green, Charles Hooper, Jonathan Lewis, Niall Litchfield, Karen Morton, Robyn Sands, Joze Senegacnik, Uri Shaft, Riyaj Shamsudeen, Jeremiah Wilton, Graham Wood
This book is an anthology of effective database management techniques representing the collective wisdom of the OakTable Network. With an emphasis upon performance—but also branching into security, national language, and other issues—the book helps you deliver the most value for your company’s investment in Oracle Database technologies. You’ll learn to effectively plan for and monitor performance, to troubleshoot systematically when things go wrong, and to manage your database rather than letting it manage you.
- Adopt a rational approach to database management; eliminate guesswork
- Add value to your organization as a database professional
- Manage and optimize performance
- Exploit different platform technologies
- Secure your organization's data
- Gain deep understanding of database internals and structures
Who is this book for?
This book is aimed at Oracle database administrators who want to further their careers by implementing sound and proven database administration practices—and especially repeatable and predictable practices—in their daily work.