Learn BlackBerry Games Development (Paperback)
Carol Hamer, Andrew Davison
- 出版商: Apress
- 出版日期: 2010-03-31
- 定價: $1,400
- 售價: 5.0 折 $700
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 504
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1430227184
- ISBN-13: 9781430227182
BlackBerry smart phones aren’t just for business. In fact, throw away that boring spreadsheet, tear up that yearly budget report—the BlackBerry is a lean, mean game-playing machine. Carol Hamer and Andrew Davison, expert software game developers, show you how to leverage the BlackBerry Java™ Development Environment (based on Java ME) to design and create fun, sophisticated game applications from role playing to dueling with light sabers. The BlackBerry: not as clumsy or as random as a blaster—an elegant device, for a more civilized age.
In this book, Carol and Andrew give you the professional techniques you need to use music, 2D and 3D graphics, maps, and game design patterns to build peer-to-peer games, role playing games, and more for the BlackBerry.
What you’ll learn
- How to build a custom user interface with your game’s theme
- How to take your graphics to the next level with SVG and OpenGL ES
- How to boogie on down with a MMAPI music player
- How to optimize your games with BlackBerry-specific APIs and tools
- How to program games for any BlackBerry device, from the earliest Java-enabled smartphones to models that run the latest BlackBerry 5 operating system
- How to build games for two players or the whole world with GPS, SMS, and the Internet
- How to create space adventures that may confound your mind with their awesomeness.
- How to drive a toy sports car from your BlackBerry using Bluetooth and USB
- How to sell your game on BlackBerry App World and beyond
Who this book is for
This book is for game enthusiasts and software engineers who know at least a bit of Java and want to program games for the BlackBerry. No prior knowledge of Micro Edition programming is required.