Hibernate Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (Paperback)
Gary Mak, Srinivas Guruzu
Hibernate continues to be the most popular out-of-the-box framework solution for Java Persistence and data/database accessibility techniques and patterns. It is used for e-commerce–based web applications as well as heavy-duty transactional systems for the enterprise.
Gary Mak, the author of the best-selling Spring Recipes, now brings you Hibernate Recipes. This book contains a collection of code recipes and templates for learning and building Hibernate solutions for you and your clients.
This book is your pragmatic day-to-day reference and guide for doing all things involving Hibernate. There are many books focused on learning Hibernate, but this book takes you further and shows how you can apply it practically in your daily work.
What you’ll learn
- The basics of object-relational mapping and how Hibernate is best suited for it
- How to do various mappings, including one-to-one mapping, many-to-one mapping, collection mapping, component mapping, and inheritance mapping
- How to use Hibernate Query Language (HQL)
- How to perform batch processing and use native SQL, criteria queries, caching objects, and more
- How to enable Hibernate in web applications with e-commerce
- How to use Hibernate for heavy-duty enterprise transaction–based systems
Who is this book for?
This book is for experienced Java developers looking to use Hibernate, but is also appropriate for Java developers new to Hibernate.