Pro Internet Explorer 8 & 9 Development: Developing Powerful Applications for The Next Generation of IE (Paperback)
- 出版商: Apress
- 出版日期: 2010-11-30
- 定價: $1,650
- 售價: 5.0 折 $825
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 424
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1430228539
- ISBN-13: 9781430228530
This book is an in-depth guide to writing applications that embrace and extend the new features and capabilities of Windows Internet Explorer 8 and 9. With solid instruction, hands-on examples, and expert insight direct from the source into extending the browser, you'll learn how to create and maintain powerful applications for Microsoft’s next-generation Internet platform. Join author Matthew Crowley as you discover how to take advantage of new features like accelerators, WebSlices, and search providers, and create intense web experiences for the browser that ships by default with the popular Windows 7 operating system.
If you're interested in creating and shipping high-quality, feature-rich applications for the Web, Pro Internet Explorer 8 & 9 Development is the only resource you need.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the architecture and design of Internet Explorer.
- Build browser-based extensions such as ActiveX controls, toolbars, explorer bars, browser helper objects, and pluggable protocols.
- Extend existing web services with accelerators, WebSlices, and search providers.
- Enhance applications using Internet Explorer APIs, COM objects, and controls.
- Design extensions that integrate with Windows security features.
- Debug applications designed for Internet Explorer.
- Address compatibility and upgrade scenarios for applications.
- Utilize powerful tools for enhancing extension development.
- Master best practices in constructing world-class applications.
Who this book is for
This book, while geared toward code-minded individuals, is also meant for a larger segment of the web community. Potential readers include:
- Project managers seeking a new idea for development and deployment
- Product planners looking to create new features based off of Internet Explorer’s development framework
- Hobbyists interested in web browsers and Internet programming
Table of Contents
- Internet Explorer Architecture
- Interoperability and Compatibility
- Enriching Web Applications with AJAX and JSON
- Connecting Services with Accelerators
- Debugging and Inspecting Pages with Developer Tools
- Scripting with Mutable DOM Prototypes
- Debugging and Inspecting Pages with Fiddler
- Content Syndication with Web Slices
- Building Search Provider and Search Suggestion Extensions
- Building Lightweight Buttons and Menu Extensions
- Developing Applications with the WebBrowser Control
- Enhancing Page Content with Managed ActiveX Controls
- Building In-Process Extensions with Browser Helper Objects
- Extending the Browser Frame Using Band Objects
- Scripting and Automating Internet Explorer