Expert Oracle Database Architecture: Oracle Database Programming 9i, 10g, and 11g Techniques and Solutions, 2/e (Paperback)
Now in its second edition, this best-selling book by
This fully revised second edition covers the latest developments in Oracle Database 11g. Each feature is taught in a proof-by-example manner, not only discussing what it is, but also how it works, how to implement software using it, and the common pitfalls associated with it.
Don’t treat Oracle Database as a black-box. Get this book. Get under the hood. Turbo-charge your career.
- Fully-revised to cover Oracle Database 11g
- Proof-by-example approach: Let the evidence be your guide
- Dives deeply into Oracle Databases’s most powerful features
What you’ll learn
- Develop an evidence-based approach to problem solving
- Manage transactions in highly concurrent environments
- Speed access to data through table and index design
- Manage files and memory structures for performance and reliability
- Scale up through partitioning and parallel processing
- Load and unload data to interface with external systems
- Think for yourself; don’t take Tom’s word for it!
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at Oracle Database administrators, at PL/SQL and Java developers writing code to be deployed inside the database, and at developers of external applications who use Oracle Database as a data store. It is the go to book for those wishing to create efficient and scalable applications.