LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT-G Programming Guide, 2/e (Paperback)
James Floyd Kelly
James Kelly’s LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT-G Programming Guide, Second Edition is a fountain of wisdom and ideas for those looking to master the art of programming LEGO’s MINDSTORMS NXT robotics kits. This second edition is fully-updated to cover all the latest features and parts in the NXT 2.0 series. It also includes exercises at the end of each chapter and other content suggestions from educators and other readers of the first edition.
LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT-G Programming Guide, 2nd Edition focuses on the NXT-G programming language. Readers 10-and-up learn to apply NXT-G to real-life problems such as moving and turning, locating objects based upon their color, making decisions, and much more. Perfect for for those who are new to programming, the book covers the language, the underlying mathematics, and explains how to calibrate and adjust robots for best execution of their programming.
- Provides programming techniques and easy-to-follow examples for each and every programming block
- Includes homework-style exercises for use by educators
- Gives clear instructions on how to build a test robot for use in running the example programs
What you’ll learn
- Understand the basics of computer and robotic programming
- Easily program your robot using the NXT-G 1.0 and 2.0 visual programming languages
- Learn real-world techniques for moving, waiting, deciding, and much more.
- Get familiar with new hardware such as the color sensor included in the NXT 2.0 kit
- Control your robot manually from a remote control device
- Learn basic math principles that will make you a better programmer
Who this book is for
This book is for people 10-years-old and up who are new to programming, or who are new to the NXT-G programming language. The book also appeals to educators who use NXT-G as a vehicle for teaching about robotics and programming principles.