Enterprise iPhone and iPad Administrator's Guide (Paperback)
- 出版商: Apress
- 出版日期: 2010-11-30
- 售價: $2,350
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,233
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 392
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1430230096
- ISBN-13: 9781430230090
Are you an IT professional involved in deploying the iPhone and or iPad in your company or organization? Do you have fellow employees who are eager to use their iPhones and iPads for work? Then this is the book for you. Enterprise iPhone and iPad Administrator’s Guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to deploy and integrate the iPhone within a range of professional environments—from large businesses and educational institutions to medium-sized offices. This book ensures that the process is achieved in a streamlined, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
The guide begins with an introduction to basic deployment concerns, then moves into actual methods and tools that you can use to streamline the deployment process. Next, an in-depth discussion of configuration and provisional profiles helps you deliver solid device setup, security, and adherence to organization policies. Finally, you’ll learn how to use existing help desk teams to provide effective user support. Also included is coverage of the latest iPhone- and iPad-specific enterprise technologies (such as push notification and calendaring tools) as well as internal iPhone and iPad applications and web-based solutions for businesses.
What you’ll learn
- Activate and deploy the iPhone and iPad (and iTunes if it will serve as a sync conduit for users).
- Use the iPhone and iPad built-in client management capabilities.
- Support iPhone- and iPad-specific services both inside and outside of a private network, provisioning security profiles and applications to users.
- Provide effective user support, both in the office and in the field.
Who this book is for
This book is intended for IT staff members that will be charged with planning an iPhone and ipad implementation or pilot program, as well as those that will be charged with ultimately deploying and provisioning the devices and delivering support to iPhone and iPad users. Readers should have an existing background in IT management, systems administration, and end user support working in a medium to large business or enterprise environment.
Table of Contents
- The Inevitability of the iPhone in the Enterprise
- Purchasing and Activating
- Applying Basic Configurations to Mobile Devices
- Integrating with Groupware
- Working with Documents and Files
- Remote Access for iOS
- Developing In-House Applications
- Building Configuration Profiles
- Mass-Deploying Devices
- Leveraging Third-Party Solutions for Productivity
- Developing A Program For Support
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Using Mac OS X Server for Groupware