Embedded Systems Circuits and Programming (Hardcover)
Julio Sanchez, Maria P. Canton
During the development of an engineered product, developers often need to create an embedded system—a prototype—that demonstrates the operation/function of the device and proves its viability. Offering practical tools for the development and prototyping phases, Embedded Systems Circuits and Programming provides a tutorial on microcontroller programming and the basics of embedded design.
The book focuses on several development tools and resources:
- Standard and off-the-shelf components, such as input/output devices, integrated circuits, motors, and programmable microcontrollers
- The implementation of circuit prototypes via breadboards, the in-house fabrication of test-time printed circuit boards (PCBs), and the finalization by the manufactured board
- Electronic design programs and software utilities for creating PCBs
- Sample circuits that can be used as part of the targeted embedded system
- The selection and programming of microcontrollers in the circuit
For those working in electrical, electronic, computer, and software engineering, this hands-on guide helps you successfully develop systems and boards that contain digital and analog components and controls. The text includes easy-to-follow sample circuits and their corresponding programs, enabling you to use them in your own work. For critical circuits, the authors provide tested PCB files. Software, code, and other materials are available at www.crcpress.com.