MATLAB Matrix Algebra (Matlab Solutions)
MATLAB is a high-level language and environment for numerical computation, visualization, and programming. Using MATLAB, you can analyze data, develop algorithms, and create models and applications. The language, tools, and built-in math functions enable you to explore multiple approaches and reach a solution faster than with spreadsheets or traditional programming languages, such as C/C++ or Java.
MATLAB Matrix Algebra introduces you to the MATLAB language with practical hands-on instructions and results, allowing you to quickly achieve your goals. Starting with a look at symbolic and numeric variables, with an emphasis on vector and matrix variables, you will go on to examine functions and operations that support vectors and matrices as arguments, including those based on analytic parent functions. Computational methods for finding eigenvalues and eigenvectors of matrices are detailed, leading to various matrix decompositions. Applications such as change of bases, the classification of quadratic forms and how to solve systems of linear equations are described, with numerous examples. A section is dedicated to sparse matrices and other types of special matrices. In addition to its treatment of matrices, you will also learn how MATLAB can be used to work with arrays, lists, tables, sequences and sets.
What youll learn• How to use MATLAB to work with numeric and symbolic variables, including vector and matrix variables.
• How MATLAB supports functions with vectors and matrices as arguments.
• Applications such as change of bases, classification of quadratic forms and solutions of systems of linear equations.
• How to find various matrix decompositions using MATLAB.
• How to work with sparse matrices and other special matrices.
• How to manipulate arrays, lists, tables, sequences and sets.
• How to use MATLAB to work with matrix algebra over the complex field.
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to work on matrix algebra problems in a practical, hands-on manner using MATLAB. You'll already have a core understanding of undergraduate level linear algebra, and have access to an installed version of MATLAB, but no previous experience of MATLAB is assumed.
Table of Contents
1. Introducing MATLAB for Matrix and Vector Variables
2. MATLAB and Matrix Algebra
3. Sequences, Arrays, Tables, Lists and Sets
4. Vector Spaces and Linear Applications with MATLAB
5. MATLAB for Vector and Matrix Functions of Complex Variables