Expert Oracle Application Express
Expert Oracle Application Express, 2nd Edition is newly updated for APEX 5.0 and brings deep insight from some of the best APEX practitioners in the field today. You'll learn about important features in APEX 5.0, and how those can be applied to make your development work easier and with greater impact on your business. Oracle Application Express (APEX) is an entirely web-based development framework that is built into every edition of Oracle Database. The framework rests upon Oracle’s powerful PL/SQL language, enabling power users and developers to rapidly develop applications that easily scale to hundreds, even thousands of concurrent users. APEX has seen meteoric growth and is becoming the tool of choice for ad-hoc application development in the enterprise.
The many authors of Expert Oracle Application Express, 2nd Edition build their careers around APEX. They know what it takes to make the product sing—developing secure applications that can be deployed globally to users inside and outside a large enterprise. The authors come together in this book to share some of their deepest and most powerful insights into solving the difficult problems surrounding globalization, configuration and lifecycle management, and more. New in this edition for APEX 5.0 is coverage of Oracle REST Data Services, map integration, jQuery with APEX, and the new Page Designer.
You’ll learn about debugging and performance, deep secrets to customizing your application user interface, how to secure applications from intrusion, and about deploying globally in multiple languages. Expert Oracle Application Express, 2nd Edition is truly a book that will move you and your skillset a big step towards the apex of Application Express development.
- Contains all-new content on Oracle REST Data Services, jQuery in APEX, and map integration
- Addresses globalization and other concerns of enterprise-level development
- Shows how to customize APEX for your own application needs
What youll learn
- Build applications around Oracle REST Data Services
- Analyze data geographically using the built-in, map integration
- Deploy applications globally while respecting linguistic and cultural differences
- Customize applications by exploiting APEX’s roots in PL/SQL
- Reduce the stress of managing application lifecycle and configuration
- Deploy new functionality through custom plug-ins
Who this book is for
Expert Oracle Application Express, 2nd Edition is aimed at APEX developers who seek the deepest possible knowledge of Oracle Application Express and how to develop with it. Readers should know and be proficient with APEX, and be prepared to expend some mental energy in absorbing the high-end material in this book.
Table of Contents
1. APEX Builder, Denes Kubicek
2. Oracle REST Data Services, John Scott
3. Oracle APEX 5.0 Charts Inside Out, Dimitri Gielis
4. Tabular Forms, Denes Kubicek
5. Team Development, Roel Hartman
6. Globalization, Francis Mignault
7. Debugging, Doug Gault
8. Dynamic Actions, Martin Giffy D’Souza
9. Lifecycle Management, Nick Buytaert
10. Plug-Ins, Dan McGhan
11. jQuery with APEX, Tom Petrus
12. Map Integration, Christoph Ruepprich
13. Themes and Templates, Jorge Rimblas
14. Report Printing, Karen Cannell