Deploying to OpenShift: A Guide for Busy Developers
- 出版商: O'Reilly Media
- 出版日期: 2018-05-25
- 售價: $1,456
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,383
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 162
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1491957166
- ISBN-13: 9781491957165
Get an in-depth tour of OpenShift, the container-based software deployment and management platform from Red Hat that provides a secure multi-tenant environment for the enterprise. This practical guide describes in detail how OpenShift, building on Kubernetes, enables you to automate the way you create, ship, and run applications in a containerized environment.
Author Graham Dumpleton provides the knowledge you need to make the best use of the OpenShift container platform to deploy not only your cloud-native applications, but also more traditional stateful applications. Developers and administrators will learn how to run, access, and manage containers in OpenShift, including how to orchestrate them at scale.
- Build application container images from source and deploy them
- Implement and extend application image builders
- Use incremental and chained builds to accelerate build times
- Automate builds by using a webhook to link OpenShift to a Git repository
- Add configuration and secrets to the container as project resources
- Make an application visible outside the OpenShift cluster
- Manage persistent storage inside an OpenShift container
- Monitor application health and manage the application lifecycle
This book is a perfect follow-up to OpenShift for Developers: A Guide for Impatient Beginners (O’Reilly).