Nginx Cookbook: Advanced Recipes for High-Performance Load Balancing
- 出版商: O'Reilly
- 出版日期: 2020-11-17
- 定價: $990
- 售價: 9.0 折 $891
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 190
- 裝訂: Quality Paper - also called trade paper
- ISBN: 1492078484
- ISBN-13: 9781492078487
NGINX is one of the most widely used web servers available today, in part because of its capabilities as a load balancer and reverse proxy server for HTTP and other network protocols. This cookbook provides easy-to-follow examples to real-world problems in application delivery. The practical recipes will help you set up and use either the open source or commercial offering to solve problems in various use cases.
For professionals who understand modern web architectures, such as n-tier or microservice designs, and common web protocols including TCP and HTTP, these recipes provide proven solutions for security, software load balancing, and monitoring and maintaining NGINX's application delivery platform. You'll also explore advanced features of both NGINX and NGINX Plus, the free and licensed versions of this server.
You'll find recipes for:
- High-performance load balancing with HTTP, TCP, and UDP
- Securing access through encrypted traffic, secure links, HTTP authentication subrequests, and more
- Deploying NGINX to Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure cloud-computing services
- Setting up and configuring NGINX Controller
- Installing and configuring the NGINX Plus App Protect module
- Enabling WAF through Controller App Security
Derek DeJonghe has had a lifelong passion for technology. His in-depth background and experience in web development, system administration, and networking give him a well-rounded understanding of modern web architecture. Leading a team of cloud architects and solution engineers, to producing self-healing, auto scaling infrastructure for numerous different applications, Derek specializes in cloud migrations and operations of all sizes. While designing, building, and maintaining highly available applications for clients, Derek often engages in an embedded consulting role for larger organizations as they embark on their journey to the cloud.