Benefits Realization Management: Strategic Value from Portfolios, Programs, and Projects (Best Practices and Advances in Program Management)
Carlos Eduardo Martins Serra
- 出版商: Auerbach Publications
- 出版日期: 2016-09-27
- 售價: $2,443
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $2,321
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 294
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 1498739253
- ISBN-13: 9781498739252
Benefits realization management (BRM) is a key part of governance, because it supports the strategic creation of value and provides the correct level of prioritization and executive support to the correct initiatives. Because of its relevance to the governance process, BRM has a strong influence over project success and is a link between strategic planning and strategy execution.
This book guides portfolio, program, and project managers through the process of benefits realization management so they can maximize business value. It discusses why and how programs and projects are expected to enable value creation, and it explains the role of BRM in value creation. The book provides a flexible framework for:
- Translating business strategy drivers into expected benefits and explains the subsequent composition of a program and project portfolio that can realize expected benefits
- Planning the benefits realization expected from programs and projects and then making it happen
- Keeping programs and projects on track
- Reviewing and evaluating the benefits achieved or expected against the original baselines and the current expectations.
To help project, program, and portfolio managers on their BRM journey, as well as to support business managers in executing business strategies, the book identifies key organizational responsibilities and roles involved in BRM practices, and it provides a simple reference that can be mapped against any organizational structure. A detailed and comprehensive case study illustrates each phase of the BRM framework as it links business strategy to project work, benefits, and business value. Each chapter ends with a series questions that provide a BRM self-assessment. The book concludes with a set of templates and detailed instructions to ensure successful deployment of BRM.