DVD Authoring and Production
- 出版商: Focal Press
- 出版日期: 2001-09-17
- 定價: USD $66.95
- 售價: $1,760
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,672
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 496
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1578200822
- ISBN-13: 9781578200825
Save time and money with the latest tools and techniques for publishing content in DVD formats. This comprehensive guide reveals everything you need to publish content in DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, and WebDVD formats - from project conception to replication and distribution.
Organize your projects, execute them, and sell them efficiently with a complete understanding of the theory and the practice. Each step of the authoring and production process is thoroughly explained and illustrated by reference to the author's own StarGaze DVD. Other features include:
A product guide to production and authoring tools: storyboard & design tools, MPEG-2 video encoders, Dolby AC-3 audio encoders, DTS audio encoders, DVD authoring tools, emulation & QA tools, DVD service bureaus, DVD replication facilities, and DVD test & analysis facilities.
Advanced authoring concepts: such as video and VTS manager areas, one sequential PGC titles, GPRM & SPRM register usage, multi-angle content, multi-audio track content, multi-subpicture stream content, NTSC, PAL, and widescreen issues.
Sage business advice: a review of three popular DVD production business models and tried-and-true marketing and distribution methods.
A comprehensive glossary of acronyms and DVD terms
A copy of the author's own DVD title, StarGaze, is included to provide real-world examples of each DVD authoring and production process.
This book takes up where DVD Demystified leaves off, explaining the vital details of designing, producing, and selling a DVD. Don't make a disc without it.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Who Should Read this Book?
- How is this Book Organized?
- A Brief History of DVD
Chapter 2 DVD Format Specifications
- DVD Forum
- DVD Physical Specifications
- DVD File System Specifications
- Super Audio CD
Chapter 3 DVD Production Process
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Producing a DVD
Chapter 4 Entry-Level DVD Authoring
- Entry-Level DVD-Video Authoring Systems & Software
- Entry-Level DVD-Video Authoring Process
- Entry-Level DVD-Video Authoring Summary
Chapter 5 Mid-Range DVD Authoring
- Mid-Range DVD Authoring Process
- Mid-Range DVD Authoring Summary
Chapter 6 Professional DVD Authoring
- Navigation Command Examples
- User Operations (UOP)
- Dual Layer Issues
- Multiple Angle Video Issues
- Subpicture Issues
- Educational Title Issues
- DVD-Video Player Compatibility Issues
- Jacket Pictures
Chapter 7 Enhanced DVD Authoring
- DVD is the Key to Digital Convergence
- Interactual Technologies
- Microsoft WebDVD
- StarGaze WebDVD - A Practical Example
Chapter 8 DVD-ROM Authoring
- DVD-ROM for Microsoft Windows Systems
- DVD-ROM Development for Apple Systems
Chapter 9 The DVD Authoring & Production Business
- Who Are the Players?
- Follow the Money
- DVD Authoring & Production Business Models
- DVD Authoring & Production Equipment
- DVD Authoring & Production Staff
- DVD Authoring & Production Pricing
- Alpha DVD Business Model
Chapter 10 DVD Production Service & Tools
- Audio Encoding Tools
- DVD Authoring Services
- DVD Authoring Tools & Systems
- DVD-ROM Formatting Tools
- Replication Services
- Testing & Verification Products & Services
- Training Products & Services
- Video Encoding Tools
Chapter 11 DVD Acronyms & Terms