CCNA Self-Study: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (Hardcover)
Prepare for CCNA exam #640-607 with the official Cisco ICND coursebook
- Prepare for CCNA exam #640-607 certification while learning the fundamentals of setting up, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Cisco networks
- Determine in which situations a hub, Ethernet switch, or router would be more appropriately used
- Use Cisco software to identify addresses, protocols, and connectivity status in a network containing multiple interconnected Cisco devices
- Interconnect Cisco switches and routers according to a given network design specification
- Configure Cisco switches and routers to support a specified list of protocols and technologies
- Configure access lists to control access to network devices or segments and general network traffic
- Verify that Cisco switches and routers, as well as their configured network services and protocols, operate as intended within a given network specification
Based on the Cisco course taught worldwide, Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices teaches you how to configure Cisco switches and routers in multiprotocol internetworks. Derived from the Introduction to Cisco Router Configuration (ICRC), Cisco Routers and LAN Switches (CRLS), and Cisco LAN Switch Configuration (CLSC) courses, Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND) is the primary course recommended by Cisco Systems for CCNA exam #640-607 preparation.
Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices provides you with the knowledge needed to identify and recommend the best Cisco solutions for small- to medium-sized businesses. This book teaches you how to perform all the basic configuration procedures to build a multirouter, multigroup internetwork that uses LAN and WAN interfaces for the most commonly used routing and routed protocols.
This book provides the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting information required to install and configure Cisco products. You will learn the fundamentals of interconnecting Cisco network devices in five modules: getting started with Cisco networks (assembling, cabling, operating, configuring, and managing devices), interconnecting Catalyst switches (fundamental switch operations and VLAN configuration), interconnecting Cisco routers (TCP/IP, IP routing, traffic management, and IPX configuration), extending the network to WANs (serial point-to-point connections, ISDN BRI, and Frame Relay PVC connections), and supplemental appendixes (AppleTalk, HyperTerminal, Cisco 700 series routers, and password recovery techniques). Each chapter concludes with questions to help assess your understanding of key concepts and start you down the path for attaining your CCNA certification.