Access VPDN Solutions Guide
Sue Cross, Bruce Moon, Tina Fox, Cisco Systems
- 出版商: Cisco Systems
- 出版日期: 2001-12-10
- 定價: USD $40.00
- 售價: $199
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 250
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1587050641
- ISBN-13: 9781587050640
Cisco IOS(r) Documentation Solutions for access VPDN networks
- Learn from Cisco-tested and Cisco-proven solutions and configuration examples
- Concise design and application information details how to integrate specific Cisco IOS software feature functionality within an existing network environment
- Solutions apply to a variety of service provider and enterprise networking professionals
- Learn to configure two new access VPDN services: NAS-initiated L2TP dial-out and client-initiated PPTP dial-in with MPPE encryption
- Demonstrates VPDN features in the context of specific network environments
- Includes valuable command reference and configuration materials
An access virtual private dial-up network (VPDN) is a network that provides remote dial access to users over a shared infrastructure. Access VPDNs use Layer 2 tunneling technologies to create virtual point-to-point connections between remote users and a central network. These tunneling technologies use the Internet to provide the same direct connectivity as the expensive Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN).
Access VPDN Solutions Guide is a complete, concise, solutions-based book that shows how to deploy VPDNs. The book begins with a technology description that defines VPDNs and summarizes VPDN services, tunneling technologies, and encryption methods. From there, you learn about three distinct solutions for deploying VPDNs. Two of these solutions feature complete design and implementation guides, and the third demonstrates adding IPSec encryption to an existing L2TP network. Two new VPDN features are covered in the appendixes, which also include debug output and a command summary that describes all the Cisco(r) Internet Operating System (IOS) commands discussed in the book.
Cisco IOS(r) software is a feature-rich network operating system that runs on almost every platform and device Cisco offers. Cisco customers who use Cisco IOS documentation have requested more robust and more complete configuration examples to help in their day-to-day implementation of Cisco IOS. The Cisco Systems(r) IOS Documentation department has met that customer demand by creating a new documentation type called an integrated solutions document (ISD). ISDs provide concise design and application information, explaining how to integrate specific feature functionality within an existing network environment. By combining solutions-based ISDs with Cisco IOS configuration and command reference material, Access VPDN Solutions Guide provides you with a complete Cisco VDPN deployment guide.
This book is part of the Cisco Press Networking Technologies Series, which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Table of Contents
1. Access VPDN Technologies Overview.
2. Access VPDN Dial-In Using L2F Solution.
3. Access VPDN Dial-In Using L2TP Solution.
4. Access VPDN Dial-In Using IPSec over L2TP Solution.
Appendix A: New Access VPDN Services: L2TP Dial-Out.
Appendix B: New Access VPDN Services: PPTP with MPPE.
Appendix C: VPDN Command Summary.
Appendix D: Debug Output.