DWDM Network Designs and Engineering Solutions
Ashwin Gumaste, Tony Antony
- 出版商: Cisco Press
- 出版日期: 2002-12-13
- 售價: $1,891
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,796
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 368
- 裝訂: Hardcover
- ISBN: 1587050749
- ISBN-13: 9781587050749
A comprehensive book on DWDM network design and implementation solutions
Design Software Included
- Study various optical communication principles as well as communication methodologies in an optical fiber
- Design and evaluate optical components in a DWDM network
- Learn about the effects of noise in signal propagation, especially from OSNR and BER perspectives
- Design optical amplifier-based links
- Learn how to design optical links based on power budget
- Design optical links based on OSNR
- Design a real DWDM network with impairment due to OSNR, dispersion, and gain tilt
- Classify and design DWDM networks based on size and performance
- Understand and design nodal architectures for different classification of DWDM networks
- Comprehend different protocols for transport of data over the DWDM layer
- Learn how to test and measure different parameters in DWDM networks and optical systems
The demand for Internet bandwidth grows as new applications, new technologies, and increased reliance on the Internet continue to rise. Dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) is one technology that allows networks to gain significant amounts of bandwidth to handle this growing need. DWDM Network Designs and Engineering Solutions shows you how to take advantage of the new technology to satisfy your network's bandwidth needs. It begins by providing an understanding of DWDM technology and then goes on to teach the design, implementation, and maintenance of DWDM in a network. You will gain an understanding of how to analyze designs prior to installation to measure the impact that the technology will have on your bandwidth and network efficiency. This book bridges the gap between physical layer and network layer technologies and helps create solutions that build higher capacity and more resilient networks.
The companion CD-ROM contains a complimentary 30-day demo from VPIphotonics™ for VPItransmissionMaker™, the leading design and simulation tool for photonic components, subsystems, and DWDM transmission systems. VPItransmissionMaker contains 200 standard demos, including demos from Chapter 10, that show how to simulate and characterize devices, amplifiers, and systems.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Optical Networking.
2. Networking with DWDM -1.
3. Networking with DWDM -2.
4. WDM Network Design -1.
5. WDM Network Design -2.
6. Network Level Strategies in WDM Network Design: Routing and Wavelength Assignment.
7. X over DWDM.
8. Future WDM Networks and Technologies.
9. Tests and Measurements.
10. Simulations of WDM Systems.