Delivers the proven solutions that make a difference in your Cisco IP Telephony deployment
- Learn dial plan best practices that help you configure features such as intercom, group speed dials, music on hold, extension mobility, and more
- Understand how to manage and monitor your system proactively for maximum uptime
- Use dial plan components to reduce your exposure to toll fraud
- Take advantage of call detail records for call tracing and accounting, as well as troubleshooting
- Utilize the many Cisco IP Telephony features to enable branch site deployments
- Discover the best ways to install, upgrade, patch, and back up CallManager
- Learn how backing up to remote media provides both configuration recovery and failure survivability
IP telephony represents the future of telecommunications: a converged data and voice infrastructure boasting greater flexibility and more cost-effective scalability than traditional telephony. Having access to proven best practices, developed in the field by Cisco IP Telephony experts, helps you ensure a solid, successful deployment.
Cisco CallManager Best Practices offers best practice solutions for CallManager and related IP telephony components such as IP phones, gateways, and applications. Written in short, to-the-point sections, this book lets you explore the tips, tricks, and lessons learned that will help you plan, install, configure, back up, restore, upgrade, patch, and secure Cisco CallManager, the core call processing component in a Cisco IP Telephony deployment. You'll also discover the best ways to use services and parameters, directory integration, call detail records, management and monitoring applications, and more.
Customers inspired this book by asking the same questions time after time: How do I configure intercom? What's the best way to use partitions and calling search spaces? How do I deploy CallManager regionally on my WAN? What do all those services really do? How do I know how many calls are active? How do I integrate CallManager with Active Directory? Years of expert experiences condensed for you in this book enable you to run a top-notch system while enhancing the performance and functionality of your IP telephony deployment.
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press¿ which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Table of Contents:
1. Planning the CallManager Implementation.
2. Planning Centralized Call Processing Deployments.
3. Installing CallManager.
4. Backing Up and Restoring the Environment.
5. Upgrading and Patching CallManager.
6. Securing the Environment.
7. Configuring CallManager and IP Telephony Components.
8. Managing Services and Parameters.
9. Using Multilevel Administration.
10. Mastering Directory Integration.
11. Administering Call Detail Records.
12. Managing and Monitoring the System.
13. Using Real-Time Monitoring Tool.
Appendix CallManager 4.0 New Feature Description.