This second, updated, and extended edition of our reference book is your companion for the implementation, the customizing and the daily use of the new General Ledger in SAP FI. This book describes the optimal settings for ledger definition and document splitting, as well as the integration with accounting. Moreover, it includes a detailed description of parallel accounting, including segment reporting, storage location of data, and much more. A comprehensive chapter on migration as well as many practical reports shows what you need to consider for the changeover to New General Ledger.
1. Design and Features of the Ledgers Get to know the ledger features (leading and non-leading ledgers), scenarios (business area, segmentation etc.), and the handling of custom fields.
2. Integration in Financial Accounting Achieve an in-depth understanding of profit center accounting in the General Ledger, follow-up costs, and period-end closing.
3. Parallel Accounting Explore the new parallel accounting options provided by ledger group-specific postings.
4. Document Splitting Learn how to design, configure, and use document splitting, and get to know the active and passive document split.
5. Migration Discover the migration components, including migration project details, the Migration Cockpit, and how to successfully migrate from the Classic to the New General Ledger.
6. Practical Reports Benefit from numerous real-life project reports, which can be put to practical use.
- Basic Principles
- Overview of New Functions
- Enhancement Package Technology
- Core Topics of General Ledger Accounting
- Parallel Accounting (IFRS, HGB)
- Segment Reporting and Document Splitting
- CO-FI Real-Time Integration
- Custom Fields
- Process and Content of a Migration Project
- SAP Services and Migration Scenarios
- Migration Cockpit
- Practical Reports
- Important Success Factors
- Lessons Learned