Junkyard Jam Band: Easy-to-Make Musical Instruments and Noisemakers Paperback
David Erik Nelson
Making music doesn't have to be about dropping big bucks in the guitar shop or endlessly fiddling with expensive software. You can make good noise out of bits of wood and wire, plastic and steel. When you build your own instruments, creating your own sound comes naturally.
Junkyard Jam Band is a step-by-step guide to making a full array of complete musical projects—no previous carpentry or electronics experience required. Each build includes tips on how to coax the best sounds out of the instrument and encourages you to mod the project to fit your own style. Learn how to:
- Bust up your old tape decks for a handheld old-skool Scratchbox
- Give your voice a robotic makeover with the Droid Voicebox
- Circuit-bend unsuspecting childhood toys into mutant glitching jazz-punk machines
- Transform cigar boxes into thumb pianos and electric ukuleles
- Build a crackling, multifunction Mud-n-Sizzle Preamp to attach to any electric music machine
Build your own band your way!