Kelly L. Murdock's Autodesk 3ds Max 2018 Complete Reference Guide is a popular book among users new to 3ds Max and is used extensively in schools around the globe. The success of this book is found in its simple easy-to-understand explanations coupled with its even easier to follow tutorials. The tutorials are laser focused on a specific topic without any extra material, making it simple to grasp difficult concepts. The book also covers all aspects of the software, making it a valuable reference for users of all levels.
The Complete Reference Guide is the ultimate book on 3ds Max, and like Autodesk s 3D animation software, it just gets better and better with each release. Whether you're new to 3ds Max or an experienced user, you'll find everything you need in this complete resource. The book kicks off with a getting started section, so beginners can jump in and begin working with 3ds Max right away. Experienced 3ds Max users, will appreciate advanced coverage of features like crowd simulation, particle systems, radiosity, MAXScript and more. Over 150 tutorials complete with before and after files help users at all levels build real world skills.
What you'll learn
- Discover all the new features and changes in 3ds Max 2018
- Learn how to reference, select, clone, group, link and transform objects
- Explore 3D modeling and how to apply materials and textures
- Set impressive scenes with backgrounds, cameras and lighting
- Master smart techniques for rendering, compositing and animating
- Create characters, add special effects, and finish with dynamic animations such as hair and cloth
- Get comfortable with key tools such as Track View, Quicksilver, mental ray®, Space Warps, MassFX and more