GNS3 Network Simulation Guide (Paperback)
RedNectar Chris Welsh
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-10-25
- 售價: $1,140
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,083
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 154
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782160809
- ISBN-13: 9781782160809
From installation through to creating large scale simulations, this is the complete guide to GNS3 that will give you the know-how needed for Cisco certification. For networking professionals, it’s a career-advancing tutorial.
- Develop your knowledge for Cisco certification (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), using GNS3
- Install GNS3 successfully on Windows, Linux, or OS X
- Work your way through easy- to- follow exercises showing you how to simulate your test network using Cisco routers, Ethernet switches, and Virtual PCs
- Expand your existing simulations by including PCs running in Qemu or VirtualBox VMs, Cisco ASAs, Juniper routers, and Vyatta routers
- Increase your networking knowledge by learning how GNS3 orchestrates multiple hypervisors, simulators, and real-world live connections
GNS3 is an open-source Graphical Network Simulator used extensively by networking professionals to simulate networking devices such as Cisco, Juniper and Vyatta routers, along with Virtual PCs.
GNS3 Network Simulation Guide gives you all the information you need to run a successful GNS3 simulation. You will be guided through the tricky installation pre-requisites and procedures involved in developing a simulated topology suitable for studying for Cisco CCIE Certification. We will also cover many useful tips and tricks which will help you make the most of your GNS3 simulator application.
You will begin the GNS3 journey by ensuring that you have prepared your computer with any additional files required by GNS3, to set up the simulated environment needed for a successful installation process.
Once GNS3 is installed, you will get to work creating a successful simulation including routers, Ethernet switches, Virtual PCs, and capture packets using Wireshark. Next, you will learn how to master GNS3's Graphical User Interface as well as the Command Console. The inner workings of GNS3 are described in depth so that you gain an appreciation of how UDP tunnels are used to tie the many components of GNS3 together.
By following the clear examples and exercises in this guide, you will learn everything that you need to know about how to use GNS3 to prepare for certifications, as well as simulate real-world network scenarios.
What you will learn from this book
- Install GNS3 on Windows, OS X, and Linux
- Build simulations using Cisco routers, layer 3 switches, and Virtual PCs
- Master the GNS3 Graphical User Interface
- Tweak your favourite virtual terminal application , so that it will work with GNS3
- Examine your simulated traffic with Wireshark
- Manage your project’s files and directories
- Include virtualized Windows or Linux computers into your simulations
- Simulate Juniper and Vyatta routers
- Learn about the GNS3 orchestration process which allows multiple simulated devices to communicate with each other
- Debug using the GNS3 command console
- Create complex multi-hosted environments for large scale simulations
GNS3 Network Simulation Guide is an easy-to-follow yet comprehensive guide which is written in a tutorial format helping you grasp all the things you need for accomplishing your certification or simulation goal.