Learning Bootstrap - Modern, Elegant and Responsive Web Design Made Easy
Aravind Shenoy, Ulrich Sossou
- Learn responsive web design and discover how to build mobile-ready websites with ease
- Find out how to extend the capabilities of Bootstrap with a huge range of tools and plugins, including jQuery
Want elegant, powerful, and responsive interfaces for professional level web pages? You’ll need to get to grips with Bootstrap, the simple front-end framework designed to support your development of dynamic sites. With this gentle and comprehensive tutorial book you’ll learn everything you need to know to start building websites with Bootstrap in a practical way. Get stuck in as you discover the principles of mobile-first design to ensure your pages can adapt to fit any screen size and meet the responsive requirements of the modern age. Go hands-on with Bootstrap’s grid system and base CSS to ensure your designs are robust and beautiful, and that your development process is speedy and efficient.
Learning Bootstrap is the essential resource you need to streamline your web design experience and customise Bootstrap to allow your own creativity and imagination to show through on the pages you create.
What you will learn
- Empower yourself with Bootstrap’s mobile-first paradigm for create elegant responsive sites
- Customize Bootstrap to work for your individual needs right from installation
- Integrate LESS and get familiar with Base CSS to make your web pages beautiful
- Get hands-on with Bootstrap’s grid system and custom components for building robust and responsive pages
- Discover jQuery plugins for improving the user experience of your Bootstrap site
- Explore and implement the wealth of resources available for building with Bootstrap through the Bootstrap technical hub
- Put theory into practice by constructing an e-commerce site using modern web development techniques
About the authors
Aravind Shenoy is an in-house author at Packt Publishing. An engineering graduate from the Manipal Institute of Technology, his core interests lie in technical writing, web designing, and software testing.
Ulrich Sossou is an experienced software engineer and entrepreneur with a passion for solving problems. He enjoys helping individuals and businesses frame difficult issues in ways that foster the emergence of the best outcomes for them and/or their businesses.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with Bootstrap
- Installing and Customizing Bootstrap
- Using the Bootstrap Grid
- Using the Base CSS
- Adding Bootstrap Components
- Doing More with Components
- Bootstrap Technical Hub - A One-Stop Shop for Powerful Bootstrap Utilities