Enjoy creating a multi-page site, using the exciting new Meteor framework!
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Create multi-page Meteor sites
- Learn best practices for structuring your app for maximum efficiency
- Use and configure a NoSQL database
- Publish your finished apps to the Web
- Learn not only the code but the processes as well
Meteor takes many of the cutting edge breakthroughs in web applications that until now have been reserved for larger companies, and makes them available to everyone. Meteor completely rethinks the standard model of web apps, in order to create fast, fluid, and engaging content.
This book starts from the beginning; you don’t need to know about Meteor, NoSQL databases, or even programming best practices, but by the end of the book you should be well versed in each of these.
In this book you will learn about the issues that led to the creation of Meteor, and how it fixes these issues. You will learn about writing code for an MVVM architecture and about structuring your code for security and efficiency. We will cover topics such as securing your data and access control, as well as deploying the finished product to the Web.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and customize the underlying framework
- Structure your code to conform to an MVVM design pattern
- Successfully plan a project from concept to completion
- Set up and use a MongoDB database in your app
- Secure your data from both read and write operations
- Work around common issues, and pre-emptively avoid them
- Extend your app with smart packages as well as standard libraries
- Deploy your app to the Web, and then redeploy future revisions
- Stay up to date and keep your edge with Meteor
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks.A simple Starter approach to show the readers how to develop a real-time web application using Meteor, with the help of a sample project.
Who this book is written for