Instant Node.js Starter
Program your scalable network applications and web services with Node.js with this book and ebook
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Learn how to use module patterns and Node Packet Manager (NPM) in your applications
- Discover callback patterns in NodeJS
- Understand the use Node.js streams in your applications
Instant NodeJS Starter will begin with installation and your first Hello World HTTP server. This book will show you how you can use Node.js core modules and also how you can use patterns to create your own modules. It will also teach you about NPM and how you can use it to install any of the many available third-party libraries. The book then goes on to explain the three main patterns you need to understand to be able to fully use Node.js: the callback pattern, EventEmitter, and streams. All these patterns are presented with practical code examples that you can use immediately, getting you started quickly on this exciting technology.
Instant NodeJS Starter starts with the installation of Node.js and then shows you how to create your first Node.js HTTP server. By showing you the main Node.js concepts together with some working code samples, by the end of the book you will have created a set of working Node.js scripts to create servers and clients.You will learn how you can include and use Node.js core modules, and how you can use patterns to create your own modules. You will also learn how you can use NPM to pick, install, and use any of the many available third-party modules in your applications. You will learn how you can use the callback pattern and EventEmitter to control the asynchronous flow and the power of Node.js streams to make your application more scalable and responsive.
What you will learn from this book
- Create your first Node.js HTTP server
- Include Node.js core modules
- Manage asynchronous flow using callback patterns
- Explore EventEmitter patterns
- Create Readable, Writable, Duplex, and Transform streams
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A simple and easy-to-follow starter approach will help guide the readers through how to develop a real-time web application using Node.js with the help of a sample project.
Who this book is written for