Start developing with Cassandra and learn how to handle big data
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Tune and optimize Cassandra to handle big data
- Learn all about the Cassandra Query Language and Cassandra-CLI
- Practical examples of Cassandra’s Java APIs
Apache Cassandra is an open source, distributed database management system designed to handle large amounts of data, spread out across many commodity servers while providing a highly available service with no single point of failure. If you want to learn Cassandra and get to grips with your big data, then this book is for you.
Instant Apache Cassandra for Developers Starter will take you through the internals of Cassandra to the development of real-world applications. Using real-life case studies, you will learn how to install, configure, administrate with CQL, and optimize Cassandra. By the end of this book you will be more familiar with Cassandra and be ready to develop powerful big data solutions.
Instant Apache Cassandra for Developers Starter is a helpful, practical introduction to Cassandra. You will start by learning how Cassandra works. In particular you will learn when Cassandra is a better fit over the traditional RDBMS system. You will also learn Cassandra's storage architecture and how it can be leveraged to create scalable big data solutions.
The book also discusses in detail the tuning and optimization of Cassandra's performance and several do's and don'ts that will aid you when you start developing your own big data solutions with Cassandra. If you are looking into developing big data solutions and want to get to know Cassandra, then this book is for you.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and configure Cassandra
- Cassandra's internal and storage architecture to create scalable big data solutions
- Manage and configure Cassandra with the Cassandra Query Language
- Scale and optimize Cassandra
- Explore Secondary indexes and composite columns
- Discover Cassandra's Java APIs
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks.A concise and example driven book that will help you in transitioning from beginner to Cassandra skilled developer.
Who this book is written for
Instant Apache Cassandra for Developers Starter is a must-read if you want to learn how to leverage Cassandra to create powerful big data solutions. For the examples in the book you should have a basic familiarity with Java, and be able to implement and run Java applications as well as basic UNIX commands.