Moodle for Mobile Learning
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-09-10
- 售價: $1,300
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,235
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 234
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782164383
- ISBN-13: 9781782164388
Mobile devices are ideal for "go-anywhere" interactive learning, and using Moodle you can give your students the opportunity to receive your courses on their phone or tablet in a format that's tailor-made for mobile learning.
- Adopts practical ideas for demonstrating how to implement mobile learning with Moodle
- Empowers you to apply mobile learning in your profession
- Discover how other organizations have achieved mobile learning success
- Filled with practical and hands-on tutorials for learning practitioners
Mobile devices have become ubiquitous and offer many new possibilities for learning. Moodle, when combined with a mobile device, opens up a new world of possibilities to teachers, instructors, and training professionals to develop their courses. The learning experience can be hugely improved by playing to the strengths of mobile devices, and Moodle for Mobile Learning helps you do just that.
"Moodle for Mobile Learning" is a practical, hands-on guide that provides you with ideas and step-by-step exercises that will help you leverage the features of mobile devices in your Moodle course designs. It also aims at providing you with hands-on knowledge in creating mlearning courses so that you can create your own effective mobile learning interactions.
Looking at the underlying theory of mobile learning, "Moodle for Mobile Learning" aims to enable you to apply this to course design using Moodle. Organized into key sectors including schools, further and higher education, and workplace learning, this book will take you through a number of clear, practical recipes that will help you to take advantage of mobile technology in your Moodle course design.
You will learn how to develop your mobile learning strategy and whether to use a mobile friendly Moodle theme or a Moodle mobile app to deliver your strategy. We look at using Moodle for mobile learning in schools, further and higher education, distance learning, workplace learning, and training event delivery, with ideas for each of these environments organized into sections for content delivery, knowledge capture and submission, and communication. We look at delivering podcasts, engaging with social media, setting up photo, video, and audio assignments, setting up eBook and app libraries, uploading audio assignment feedback, submitting reflective logs, using chat and messaging tools, using web conferencing, and much more.
Mobile devices already form the backbone of your learners’ daily lives. If you want to use Moodle to bring those devices into the learning process, then this is the book for you.
What you will learn from this book
- Develop your mobile learning strategy
- Improve your understanding of how to use mobile devices to enhance your courses
- Learn to analyze and select mobile-friendly Moodle themes
- Discover the uses for Moodle mobile apps
- Use Moodle for mobile learning in the classroom, in colleges or universities, or even for distance learning courses
- Get well-versed with using Moodle for mobile learning in the workplace and at training events
A guide with practical examples that gives you hands-on knowledge in creating learning environments for Mobile devices using Moodle, while also empowering you to create your own effective mlearning course designs.