Mastering OpenLayers 3（Paperback）
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2016-01-29
- 售價: $1,580
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,501
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 308
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1785281003
- ISBN-13: 9781785281006
- Develop responsive and platform-independent web mapping applications with OpenLayers 3
- Master the use of the library, from compiling custom builds to developing a complete WebGIS application
OpenLayers 3 allows you to create stunning web mapping and WebGIS applications. It uses modern, cutting edge browser technologies. It is written with Closure Library, enabling you to build browser-independent applications without painful debugging ceremonies, which even have some limited fallback options for older browsers.
With this guide, you will be introduced to the world of advanced web mapping and WebGIS.
First, you will be introduced to the advanced features and functionalities available in OpenLayers 3. Next, you will be taken through the key points of creating custom applications with OpenLayers 3. You will then learn how to create the web mapping application of yours (or your company's) dream with this open source, expense-free, yet very powerful library. We'll also show you how to make amazing looking thematic maps and create great effects with canvas manipulation.
By the end of this book, you will have a strong command of web mapping and will be well on your way to creating amazing applications using OpenLayers 3.
What you will learn
- Use the advanced functionality of the OpenLayers 3 library effectively
- Implement the library in your application, shaping it to your needs
- Manage layers and the layer stack dynamically
- Create not only stunning but also accurate thematic maps
- Extend OpenLayers 3 with your own custom classes
- Develop mobile-friendly web mapping applications
- Make stunning effects with canvas manipulation, or visualize point clouds with WebGL
- Integrate third-party applications, and create custom builds that completely satisfy your needs
About the Author
Gabor Farkas is a PhD student at University of Pecs's Institute of Geography. He holds a master's degree in geography, although he moved from traditional geography to pure Geoinformatics early in his academic journey. He often studies Geoinformatical solutions in his free time, keeps up with the latest trends, and is an open source enthusiast. He loves to work with GRASS GIS, PostGIS, and QGIS, but his all-time favorites are open source web mapping technologies, which mostly cover his main areas of research interest.
Table of Contents
- Creating Simple Maps with OpenLayers 3
- Applying Custom Styles
- Working with Layers
- Using Vector Data
- Creating Responsive Applications with Interactions and Controls
- Controlling the Map – View and Projection
- Mastering Renderers
- OpenLayers 3 for Mobile
- Tools of the Trade – Integrating Third-Party Applications
- Compiling Custom Builds with Closure