Getting Started with Zurb Foundation 4
Andrew D. Patterson
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-11-28
- 售價: $1,170
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,112
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 126
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782165967
- ISBN-13: 9781782165965
For today's web designers, fluidity and responsiveness is everything. That's why this introduction to Zurb Foundation is so valuable. It teaches you to use the mobile-first framework to create fantastic web pages, intuitively and expressively.
- Get up to speed quickly with Foundation's responsive grid system
- Integrate easy-to-configure CSS components into your website
Every web designer needs a toolkit. From text editors to graphics programs, from table structures to fluid style sheets, the web designer has many tools and techniques to choose from. Zurb's Foundation framework is an excellent kit for today's web designer. It's fluid, it's easy to work with, it has plenty of components, and most importantly, you can apply your creativity to make your very own designs.
This book documents Foundation's grid system, all its components and plugins, and its generation of custom style sheets. The book serves as an all-encompassing introduction as well as a future reference guide. The foundation of Foundation is its grid system...and there is a whole lot more .
Once you've covered the basics, you'll be ready to advance with SASS, the style sheet language, to customize your installation and layout your pages.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand the grid system and how it applies to web design
- Tweak your layout to get the best view on mobile and desktop displays
- Incorporate Foundation's CSS components into your web pages
- Configure and customize your CSS components
- Organize your CSS using SASS, the style sheet language
- Create your own custom installation of Foundation with SASS
The book starts with the basics of Foundation and helps you build your skills as you advance from installation to design, configuration, and customization with examples at every step.
Who this book is written for
This book will be of great benefit to web architects, designers, and builders. While it helps to be a programmer, it isn't necessary for this book. You should be familiar with the basic principles of responsive web design and have a desire to create a professional website that looks great on both mobile devices and regular displays.