Getting Started with Hazelcast
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-08-29
- 售價: $1,300
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,235
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 136
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782167307
- ISBN-13: 9781782167303
Hazelcast is the leading open source in-memory data grid that will allow you to bring data scalability to your applications. This guide takes you through all the fundamentals in easily assimilated step-by-step chapters.
- Understand how to revolutionize the way you share data across your application
- A one-stop guide to this bleeding edge technology
- Store objects into distributed collections
Applications have become increasing agile and dynamic, reacting to the demands of their users except at the data layer. Hazelcast offers a new and innovative approach to data scalability. Unlike many of its competitors, its in-memory counterparts distribution is built-in to the heart of the technology, allowing your app to stretch and scale at all layers as needed.
Getting Started with Hazelcast is a hands-on introductory text that guides you though learning about this innovative new technology. With plenty of practical examples and walkthroughs, you will be armed with all the knowledge required to start bringing data scalability to your applications.
Getting Started with Hazelcast looks at the issue of data scalability and how traditional approaches tend to work around the problem to reduce it, but not without new issues cropping up.
The book describes how Hazelcast offers a solution to this problem using practical examples to help you store distributed data quickly and safely. You will also learn about running tasks easily across the cluster, using support for public cloud infrastructure, and how to architect to make best use of the technology.
What you will learn from this book
- Store lots of types of data into different collections
- Set up a Hazelcast cluster
- Develop a cluster-wide mutex lock
- Use a truly distributed messaging topic
- Understand the trade-off for extra performance with data consistency
- Listen in to cluster events
- Run tasks within and across the cluster
- Use the public cloud support to help you go global
Written as a step-by-step guide, Getting Started with Hazelcast will teach you all you need to know to make your application data scalable.
Who this book is written for
This book is a great introduction for Java developers, software architects, or developers looking to enable scalable and agile data within their applications. You should have programming knowledge of Java and a general familiarity with concepts like data caching and clustering.