Instant Apache Maven Starter
Maurizio Turatti, Maurizio Pillitu
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-06-01
- 售價: $770
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $732
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 62
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782167609
- ISBN-13: 9781782167600
Get started with the fundamentals of developing Java projects with Apache Maven
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Create Java projects and project templates with Maven archetypes
- Manage project dependencies, project coordinates, and multi-modules
- Download, install, and configure Maven on different operating systems
Maven ultimately allows for the automation of the build lifecycle and independence from any IDE. You must always be able to build and test any Java project from the command line, using your favorite editor for coding. It is important to control exactly what libraries get distributed with Java projects and to have a standard project template and build process.
Instant Apache Maven Starter will concentrate the most useful information into one single, very compact source.
This book will help the reader to find out what Maven actually is, and will teach the reader how to create and build a new Java application or Web project from scratch and to understand the POM file and Maven project’s coordinates.
The book introduces the reader with useful information so they can quickly get started with using Maven productively through practical but very simple examples, as well as providing some useful tips.
The topics this book covers deal with setting up a local Maven environment, how to start coding and unit-testing in few minutes, and understanding the POM (Project Object Model) file and its naming conventions and internal dependencies, so that any kind of Java project can be managed uniformly and systematically.
Instant Apache Maven Starter will teach you everything you need to get started with Maven immediately with just the very essential information.
What you will learn from this book
- Download, install, and configure Apache Maven with the minimum fuss
- Make your own Java project templates and reuse them
- Deploy to Tomcat or run an embedded Tomcat with Maven
- Perform unit and integration testing with Maven and JUnit
- Manage dependencies and project coordinates, adopting best practices
- Create and manage multi-modules projects
- Use Maven from your favorite IDE: Netbeans, Eclipse, or IDEA
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks.The book follows a starter approach for using Maven to create and build a new Java application or Web project from scratch.
Who this book is written for
Instant Apache Maven Starter is great for Java developers new to Apache Maven, but also for experts looking for immediate information. Moreover, only 20% of the necessary information about Maven is used in 80% of the activities. This book aims to focus on the most important information, those pragmatic parts you actually use on a daily basis.