Instant Sikuli Test Automation
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-07-07
- 售價: $890
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $846
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 54
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782167870
- ISBN-13: 9781782167877
Discover automated application testing techniques for anything that is visible on the computer screen
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results
- Write simple tests using the Sikuli IDE
- Construct a framework for running your tests and reporting results
- Learn best practices for building reusable Sikuli scripts and sharing capabilities between them
Automated testing of applications is a hot topic in software development, but doing it effectively and flexibly is a difficult task. Sikuli provides an excellent balance, leveraging the simplicity of constructing tests using screenshots and the expressive power of the Python programming language to construct automated tests.
Instant Sikuli Starter: Effective Test Automation presents a series of examples that build on one another to demonstrate the key features provided by Sikuli. You will also learn additional techniques that will allow you to construct effective automated application test suites quickly and easily.
Beginning with a quick introduction to Sikuli, you will be guided through everything you need to know to write your own script with Sikuli. Learn how to use Sikuli for automated testing starting from the very basics, such as starting applications, taking screenshots, and navigating the mouse, before moving on to more advanced topics like constructing large testing suites using reusable test fragments. Along the way, you will also learn how to leverage Sikuli's links to both the Python language and Java to create richer tests. Everything you'll need to write effective tests, manage test suites, execute tests, and generate reports is presented in a series of examples demonstrating the power of Sikuli. Towards the end of this book, you will become more confident in your ability to execute test suites and generate reports using Sikuli.
What you will learn from this book
- Drive applications using screenshots and Sikuli's simple syntax
- Build a library of reusable test fragments to manage large test suites
- Access Java from within Sikuli to leverage Java's power within your Sikuli scripts
- Debug tests through video logging for later analysis
- Learn techniques for making tests fault tolerant
- Build up an automated test suite for an application
- Understand performance optimization of Sikuli tests
- Develop a comprehensive framework for managing and executing tests
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. A concise guide written in an easy-to follow style using the Starter guide approach.
Who this book is written for
This book is aimed at automation and testing professionals who want to use Sikuli to automate GUI. Some Python programming experience is assumed.