Mongoose for Application Development
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-08-10
- 售價: $1,290
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,226
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 142
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782168192
- ISBN-13: 9781782168195
Mongoose streamlines application development on the Node.js stack and this book is the ideal guide to both the concepts and practical application. From connecting to a database to re-usable plugins, it’s all here.
- Rapid application development with Mongoose on the Node.js stack
- Use Mongoose to give structure and manageability to MongoDB data
- Practical examples on how to use Mongoose for CRUD operations
- Provides a number of helpful tips and takes away the complexity of everyday MongoDB operations
- Walks you through building a project management application using Mongoose, Node.js, MongoDB, and Express
Mongoose for Application Development is a practical, hands-on guide that takes you from installing the technology stack through the steps of developing a web application. It covers the key features of Mongoose and how to use them to rapidly develop a Node.js and MongoDB application.
This book introduces the full technology stack of Node.js, MongoDB, Express, and Mongoose. It will take you through the process of building an application on this stack with a focus on how Mongoose makes the process quicker and easier.
Using practical examples throughout, Mongoose for Application Development not only teaches you about the concepts of Mongoose, but walks through how to use them to build a real-life application.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the different methods of using Mongoose to connect to a database
- Learn to define schemas and building data models
- Interact with data using schema methods
- Create databases, collections, and data
- Query the database to find specific data
- Edit, save, and delete data
- Validate data using Mongoose validators
- Use population to link datasets
- Use sub-documents and nested schemas to provide data depth
- Get to grips with code efficiency through re-usable plugins
This book is a mini tutorial full of code examples and strategies to give you plenty of options when building your own applications with MongoDB.
Who this book is written for
This book is ideal for people who want to develop applications on the Node.js stack quickly and efficiently. Prior knowledge of the stack is not essential as the book briefly covers the installation of the core components and builds all aspects of the example application. The focus of the book is on what Mongoose adds to you applications, so experienced Node.js developers will also benefit.