Bring your websites to life with animations using jQuery
- Get going with jQuery's animation methods and build a toolkit of ready-to-use animations using jQuery 2.0
- Over 50 detailed examples on different types of web page animations
- Create both simple and complex animations using clear, step-by-step instructions, accompanied with screenshots
jQuery 2.0 Animation Techniques Beginner's Guide will teach you to understand animation in jQuery to produce slick and attractive interfaces that respond to your visitors' interactions. You will learn everything you need to know about creating engaging and effective web page animations using jQuery.
In jQuery 2.0 Animation Techniques Beginner's Guide, each chapter starts with simple concepts that enable you to build, style, and code your way into creating beautifully engaging and interactive user interfaces.
With the use of wide range of examples, this book will teach you how to create a range of animations, from subtle UI effects (such as form validation animation and image resizing) to completely custom plugins (such as image slideshows and parallax background animations).
The book provides various examples that gradually build up your knowledge and practical experience in using the jQuery API to create stunning animations. The book uses many examples and explains how to create animations using an easy and step-by-step approach.
What you will learn from this book
- Create custom animations using jQuery's animate() method
- Fade, hide, shrink, and slide your animations using jQuery's built-in animation helper methods
- Implement subtle UI effects, user-triggered animations and full-page feature animations to animate the user interface of your web applications
- Make your background images come to life with movement and animation
- Create an automatic slider animation with just a few lines of code
- Discover parallax animations and how they can be used in your web projects
- Simulate animation in a variety of ways using other non-animation-specific jQuery methods
- Get your images scrolling in a certain direction, and at a certain speed, depending on the movements of the mouse pointer
This book is a guide to help you create attractive web page animations using jQuery. Written in a friendly and engaging approach this book is designed to be placed alongside your computer as a mentor.
Who this book is written for