Instant Citrix XenDesktop 5 Starter
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-03-11
- 售價: $880
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $836
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 66
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782170022
- ISBN-13: 9781782170020
Your step-by-step guide to building a full-fledged XenDesktop infrastructure from scratch
- Learn something new in an Instant! A short, fast, focused guide delivering immediate results.
- Know how to install XenDesktop, integrate it with PVS and build streamed and pooled desktops.
- Learn how to build provisioning servers, capture VHD files, and configure streaming.
- Tips and tricks to design your XenDesktop infrastructure including Hypervisors, Storage, CPU, and memory.
The cloud is on the rise and it is here to stay. One of the hottest areas pertaining to the cloud is Virtual Desktops. Virtual desktops bring great simplicity and empowerment into the organization. They reduce cost, and enable remote working and bring your own device (BYOD). With the rise in demand for virtualization skills, it is time for you to start building your career with one of the leading desktop virtualization products in the world, XenDesktop.
"Instant Citrix XenDesktop 5 Starter", with around 40 screenshots detailing every step and every setting, has all the steps to guide you through the process to successfully building a full XenDesktop infrastructure, even if you have no prior knowledge of virtualization. In addition, this compact guide provides tips, tricks, and notes to design a more sophisticated XenDesktop Infrastructure.
"Instant Citrix XenDesktop 5 Starter" is a detailed step-by-step how-to guide to design and build a XenDesktop Infrastructure. For the more inquisitive readers, this book also contains design tips and notes for XenDesktop solutions, in addition to great references including websites, blogs, and Twitter handles. In this book you will get started with desktop virtualization by learning how to build provisioning servers, how to install the XenDesktop controller, website and integrate with the provisioning server, and then move on to learn more advanced tasks such as how to create pooled machines using the famous MCS (Machine Creation Service) and walk through the XenDesktop console. You will end by learning a few neat tips and tricks for your hypervisor storage, memory, and CPU.
In short, with this book you will learn everything you need to know to build a fully-fledged XenDesktop infrastructure, perform basic administration tasks, and design a basic virtual desktop solution
What you will learn from this book
- What virtual desktops are and their different types and uses.
- Installing and configuring XenDesktop and XenDesktop Web Interface.
- Building the Provisioning Server infrastructure.
- Integrating XenDesktop with Provisioning Server.
- Configuring streamed and pooled desktops.
- Building and capturing VHD files, collections, and streaming infrastructure.
- Administrating XenDesktop infrastructure and navigating the console.
Get to grips with a new technology, understand what it is and what it can do for you, and then get to work with the most important features and tasks. This easy-to-follow, hands-on guide shows you how to implement desktop virtualization with real life cases and step-by-step instructions. It is a tutorial with step-by-step instructions and adequate screenshots for the installation and administration of Citrix XenDesktop.