Developing Applications with Salesforce Chatter
Rakesh Gupta, Sagar Pareek
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2013-11-25
- 售價: $1,170
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,112
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 130
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782171169
- ISBN-13: 9781782171164
Make your business more social with Salesforce Chatter. This book walks you through configuring and customizing Chatter to boost collaboration in your organization. Can be used as a reference book or complete guide.
- Understand Salesforce Chatter and its architecture.
- Configure and set up Chatter for your organization
- Improve Chatter features by utilizing Apex and Visualforce Pages
- Discover the new Chatter REST API for developers
- A step-by-step guide to develop a fully functional Chatter application with chatter data cleaning concept
Salesforce Chatter provides a secure environment that enables you to stay connected to your customers. Chatter simplifies and speeds-up the process of sharing ideas, documents, and anything else with your co-workers instantly. Using Chatter, you can perform any action from anywhere and make your business more social.
"Developing Applications with Salesforce Chatter" starts by covering the basics of Salesforce Chatter, Chatter license types, and its effect on ROI. It then discusses how to configure Chatter and various sections to customize it. Further, it walks through the Chatter Data cleaning as well as the basics of REST API and oAuth.
This book will cover everything you need to know about Salesforce Chatter configuration and customization.
"Developing Applications with Salesforce Chatter" allows you to improve collaboration in your organization. The book covers many features such as Chatter messenger, commenting on status, uploading and sharing files, polls and Chatter actions. This book also teaches you how to configure and customize Chatter by using Apex and Visualforce pages for high productivity.
This book is a hands-on guide focused on the configuration and customization of Chatter. This book will act as both a reference for experienced developers and a customization guide for newbies who want to set up Chatter for their organization.
This book also contains various sections that demonstrate how to improve Chatter's functionality by using Apex and Visualforce pages. By the end of this book, you will be able to successfully configure and customize Salesforce Chatter for your organization quickly and efficiently.
What you will learn from this book
- Understand how Chatter function can be improved by utilizing Apex and Visualforce Pages.
- Boost collaboration in your organisation
- Explore various Chatter configurations and customizations
- Learn about the Chatter Publisher Action
- Install and configure Chatter desktop and mobile
- Extrapolate how to add topics, bookmarks, and favourites in your Chatter post
- Discover various method for Chatter data cleaning
- Get familiar with the REST API, oAuth, and various tokens
This book follows a hands-on approach which will help newbies to easily understand the concepts of Salesforce Chatter and its configuration easily. For advanced users, this book has few approaches and code snippets to help you make Salesforce Chatter more responsive and productive. Having fundamental knowledge of Apex and Visualforce pages will be helpful.
Who this book is written for
This book is intended for people who are newbies in the Salesforce arena and who want to boost collaboration in their organization using Chatter. After reading this book, you will be able to configure Chatter all on your own, but for customization tasks such as improving the user interface, you will need a basic understanding of Apex and Visualforce pages.