Learn how to protect your data in your VMware vSphere infrastructure with Veeam®Backup & Replication
- Explore Veeam Backup and Replication v7 infrastructure and its components
- Create backup, replication, and restore strategies that protect data, your company's most valuable asset
- Includes advanced features like off-site replication and tape retention
Veeam® Backup & Replication for VMware is a backup and replication solution that provides data protection for virtualized VMware vSphere environments. This powerful and easy-to-use solution helps administrators rest assured that their data is protected, while at the same time retaining the flexibility that virtualization provides.
"Learning Veeam® Backup & Replication for VMware vSphere" starts with an introduction to Veeam® Backup & Replication, describing the prerequisites, requirements, and deployment steps needed to get the required infrastructure in place. It provides a description of its features and capabilities as well as useful tips on doing day-to-day administrative tasks. This book is a practical and hands-on guide to installing, configuring, and managing a backup infrastructure.
What you will learn from this book
- Install and manage a Veeam® Backup & Replication v7 infrastructure
- Discover how to back up and restore data in virtual environments
- Learn how agentless backups work, and how they help protect mission critical data
- Utilize WAN acceleration to speed up backup to remote locations
- Master the "3-2-1" rule for storing backups
- Learn how to use single-item restores to speed up the recovery process
- Understand what options are available for Veeam® Backup & Replication, and how to configure these options
This is an easy-to-follow guide that will help you learn everything you need to know to administer backup, replication, and recovery in your VMware vSphere environment, with Veeam Backup and Replication.
Who this book is written for
If you are a VMware vSphere administrator who is looking to protect your infrastructure by utilizing the world's leading modern data protection solution, specifically designed for virtual environments. A good understanding of VMware vSphere architecture is recommended, but prior knowledge of Veeam® Backup & Replication is not required.