Web Application Development with R Using Shiny, 2/e（Paperback）
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2016-01-28
- 售價: $1,320
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,254
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 194
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782174346
- ISBN-13: 9781782174349
Web Application Development with R Using Shiny: Build stunning graphics and interactive data visualizations to deliver cutting-edge analytics, 3rd Edition
- Use Shiny's built-in functions to produce engaging user interfaces, and integrate them into your own web pages
- Implement powerful user-contributed packages to access graphics from the web, make your own dashboards, use interactive maps, and more
R is a highly flexible and powerful tool for analyzing and visualizing data. Most of the applications built using various libraries with R are desktop-based. But what if you want to go on the web? Here comes Shiny to your rescue!
Shiny allows you to create interactive web applications using the excellent analytical and graphical capabilities of R. This book will guide you through basic data management and analysis with R through your first Shiny application, and then show you how to integrate Shiny applications with your own web pages. Finally, you will learn how to finely control the inputs and outputs of your application, along with using other packages to build state-of-the-art applications, including dashboards.
What you will learn
- Build interactive applications using Shiny's built-in widgets
- Use the built-in layout functions in Shiny to produce user-friendly applications
- Integrate Shiny applications with web pages and customize them using HTML and CSS
- Engage your users and build better analytics using interactive plots
- Debug your applications using Shiny's built-in functions
- Deliver simple and powerful analytics across your organization using Shiny dashboards
- Share your applications with colleagues or over the Internet using cloud services or your own server
About the Author
Chris Beeley works for Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust as the lead analyst and programmer for staff and patient experience. He uses a variety of open source tools (PHP/MySQL, Apache, R, Shiny, and Ubuntu) to collect, collate, analyze, and report on patient and staff experience throughout the organization. He was the author of the previous edition of this book.
He has been a keen user of R and a passionate advocate of open source tools in research and healthcare settings, having completed his PhD. He has made extensive use of R (and Shiny) to automate analysis and report on a new patient feedback website. This was funded by a grant from the NHS Institute for Innovation and made in collaboration with staff, service users, and carers within the Trust, particularly individuals from the Involvement Centre.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started with R and Shiny!
- Building Your First Application
- Building Your Own Web Pages with Shiny
- Taking Control of Reactivity, Inputs, and Outputs
- Advanced Applications I – Dashboards
- Sharing Your Creations