System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager Cookbook, 2/e（Paperback）
Edvaldo Alessandro Cardoso
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-06-14
- 售價: $1,840
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,748
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 483
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1782176845
- ISBN-13: 9781782176848
Over 70 recipes to help you design, configure, and manage a reliable and efficient virtual infrastructure with VMM 2012 R2
- Create, deploy, and manage datacenters and private and hybrid clouds with hybrid hypervisors using VMM 2012 R2
- Integrate and manage fabric (compute, storages, gateways, and networking), services and resources, and deploy clusters from bare metal servers
- Explore VMM 2012 R2 features such as Windows 2012 R2 and SQL 2012 support, converged networks, network virtualization, live migration, Linux VMs, and resource throttling and availability
Microsoft System Center 2012 is a comprehensive IT infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud management platform. With System Center 2012, you can easily and efficiently deploy, manage, and monitor a virtualized infrastructure, as well as services and applications across multiple hypervisors. This can also be done across public and private cloud infrastructures to deliver flexible and cost-effective IT services for your business.
This book will take you through a series of recipes to streamline your System Center VMM architecture. Each section has been discreetly designed to help you simplify, plan, and deploy a highly scalable, high availability virtual infrastructure. The first few sections take you through the design and installation of System Center 2012 R2 VMM and Windows 2012 Hyper-V R2 features. Network virtualization, storage integration, and bare metal deployment are also covered in this book.
What you will learn from this book
- Plan and design a VMM architecture for real-world deployment
- Configure network virtualization, gateway integration, storage integration, resource throttling, and availability options
- Integrate SC Operations Manager (SCOM) with VMM to monitor your infrastructure
- Integrate SC APP Controller (SCAC) with VMM to manage private and public clouds (Azure)
- Deploy clusters with VMM Bare Metal
- Create and deploy virtual machines from templates
- Deploy a highly available VMM Management server
- Manage Hyper-V, VMware, and Citrix from VMM
- Upgrade from previous VMM versions
This book is a step-by-step guide packed with recipes that cover architecture design and planning. The book is also full of deployment tips, techniques, and solutions.
Who this book is written for
If you are a solutions architect, technical consultant, administrator, or any other virtualization enthusiast who needs to use Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager in a real-world environment, then this is the book for you.
We assume that you have previous experience with Windows 2012 R2 and Hyper-V.