Installing and configuring ArcGIS for Server to publish, optimize, and secure GIS services
- Configure ArcGIS for Server to achieve maximum performance and response time
- Understand the product mechanics to build up good troubleshooting skills
- Filled with practical exercises, examples, and code snippets to help facilitate your learning
ArcGIS for Server is a new technology that has been developed to bring geographically-enabled information from multiple sources into one single platform and make it available for sharing services. Server supports many types of services, and the beauty of this technology is that it has an edge over other products, as the source of information can be directly plugged into Server without the need to change or migrate the existing infrastructure.
Administering ArcGIS for Server teaches you the mechanics of ArcGIS for Server, equipping you with the skills to not only install and configure Server, but to do it efficiently to achieve effective results. You will also learn how to plan, analyze, design, and finally publish and consume GIS services from various platforms including mobile and tablets.
We start by installing Server and authoring and consuming GIS services. We then move on to planning services before showing you how to optimize, secure, and debug them.
One of the hot topics in this book is the optimizing of GIS services, which will help you manage resources efficiently. You will also learn how to apply multiple security mechanisms on ArcGIS for Server and safely expose the services to the public in a secure manner.
Administering ArcGIS for Server will help you prepare a robust Server infrastructure for your organization.
What you will learn from this book
- Design the architecture of ArcGIS for Server to meet your organization’s requirements
- Consume GIS services from multiple cross-platform endpoints including mobile and tablet for field users
- Optimize ArcGIS for Server to make it run efficiently and effectively
- Acquire troubleshooting skills by understanding how the technology mechanics work
- Learn the concept of web services and the various types of GIS services available in ArcGIS for Server
This book is a practical, step-by-step tutorial providing a complete reference guide to the setup, installation, and administration of ArcGIS Server technology.
Who this book is written for
If you are a GIS user, analyst, DBA, or programmer with a basic knowledge of ESRI GIS, then this book is for you.