Setting up a cloud environment is rarely smooth sailing but with this guide to Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control, it just got a lot more manageable. Practical advice and lots of examples make it the ideal assistant.
- Perform and set up your cloud environment one step at a time using this lucid guide
- Understand how to build a solid foundation for your cloud infrastructure
- Comprehend and create new chargeback models
Cloud computing has transformed the way that we write and deploy enterprise software. Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c has been designed to work with the cloud platform and reduce downtime, while improving performance and productivity. You can quickly set up, manage, and support enterprise clouds.
This practical, example-oriented guide untangles many of the complexities involved in setting up a complete cloud computing platform. This book explores several methods of setting up IaaS and DBaaS using Oracle’s Enterprise Manager. Step-by-step, this guide will quickly familiarize you with the most important aspects of setting up a cloud platform.
This book delves deep into the complexities surrounding cloud computing and comprehensively explores the approach that you need to take to build an effective infrastructure. You will start with a step-by-step approach to building an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and take an in-depth view of building a Database as a Service (DBaaS) model of cloud computing. Following on from this, you will learn how the chargeback mechanism works and how it can be configured for your needs. Next, you will also learn how to use a programmable interface to manage your cloud via APIs and web services.
This guide will walk you through the various components of Oracle Enterprise Manager and will teach you how to use them efficiently. This book will also explain how you can use cloud APIs to program your cloud.
What you will learn from this book
- Set up important parts of Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Assemble a scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform
- Construct a Database as a Service (DBaaS)
- Establish cloud monitoring
- Configure and use chargeback metrics for your cloud
- Utilize cloud APIs and CLIs to program your cloud
- Institute effective notification rules and automated correction mechanisms
- Put together alerts and events to effectively monitor the health of the infrastructure
This book is a step-by-step tutorial filled with practical examples which will show readers how to configure and manage IaaS and DBaaS with Oracle Enterprise Manager.
Who this book is written for
If you are a cloud administrator or a user of self-service provisioning systems offered by Enterprise Manager, this book is ideal for you. It will also help administrators who want to understand the chargeback mechanism offered by Enterprise Manager.
An understanding of the basic building blocks of cloud computing such as networking, virtualization, storage, and so on, is needed by those of you interested in this book.