Getting Started with Oracle VM VirtualBox
Build your own virtual environment from scratch using VirtualBox
- Learn how to install, configure, and manage VirtualBox
- A step-by-step guide which will teach you how to build your own virtual environment from scratch
- Discover advanced features of VirtualBox
Oracle VM VirtualBox is an open source, cross-platform virtualization software package. Desktop virtualization software gives you the ability to install and run multiple operating systems on your computer in a virtual environment without disturbing the host OS. VirtualBox helps you create a completely isolated virtual environment and therefore prevents viruses, malware, or any other kinds of threats spreading from the guest-to-host machine.
Getting Started with Oracle VM VirtualBox is a step-by-step guide designed to help you understand the concepts of virtualization and start running VirtualBox on your system. This book will show you how to install, configure, and manage VirtualBox. It will also show you how to install Oracle Enterprise Linux as a guest VM and make use of the essential features of VirtualBox.
This book will show you how to install and configure VirtualBox on your desktop. You will then learn how to create a guest machine as well as features like starting, stopping, removal, and cloning of the guest machine. This book will also introduce you to some advanced features like snapshot, Clone, and VM Groups.
You will then discover how you can install Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.0 as a guest OS and also how to share a folder both in Windows and Linux operating systems. You will then learn about the different networking options available on VirtualBox and discover how they work. Finally, this book will introduce you to the different virtual storage options available in VirtualBox and show you how they work.
What you will learn from this book
- Install VirtualBox on your desktop and create a guest virtual machine
- Discover advanced features like snapshot, Clone, and VM Groups
- Install Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.0 as a guest OS
- Explore the different networking and storage options available in VirtualBox
- Discover the memory management techniques available in VirtualBox
A step-by-step guide that will show you how to install, configure, and manage VirtualBox.
Who this book is written for
This book is for system administrators, technical architects, and virtualization enthusiasts who want to learn how to set up a virtual machine. Knowledge of the Linux environment is expected. Prior experience with VirtualBox or knowledge of virtualization is not required.