Mastering Management Styles: Expert Guidance for Managers
- 出版商: Packt Publishing
- 出版日期: 2014-04-04
- 售價: $1,090
- 貴賓價: 9.5 折 $1,036
- 語言: 英文
- 頁數: 56
- 裝訂: Paperback
- ISBN: 1783000465
- ISBN-13: 9781783000463
Discover and perfect your ultimate management style for success in your role with this book and ebook.
- Get to grips with the elements of management styles
- Choose the right style for you, your team, your workplace, and the situation
- Packed full of management tips, tricks and real-life case studies to show you how to manage your team effectively
The way you choose to interact with your employees is a critical influence on your success as a manager, as well as determining the quality of your employees’ work and the tone of your office. Your superiors will make note of how you handle matters of management, and so will your employees. Many managers, especially when they are new to the role, can find themselves struggling and reacting blindly to situations rather than calmly choosing the correct management style. It’s essential that you be well equipped to handle your role as a manager.
This handy guide takes you through the various elements of management style, and shows you how to decide on the best approach to take in a variety of situations and with different types of employee. Drawing on years of management expertise, it will enable you to bring out the best in your employees.
Mastering Management Styles looks at the various components of management style and shows you how to combine them in the way that best suits each type of situation you’ll face. When should you be consultative with your employees? When should you be directive? How much coaching should you offer them, and how should you do it? How do you balance the interests of your employer with those of your employees? How do you distinguish between different types of employee? All of these topics are covered in this practical instruction manual for managers, providing you with a go-to set of analytical tools and hands-on strategies that will make you a much more effective and successful manager.
What you will learn from this book
- Distinguish between directive and consultative management to find the right approach for your team
- Know when to take control and when to give your employees more autonomy
- Choose the right style for the situation with confidence
- Coach, mentor and support your employees
- Balance the interests of the organization and those of your team
- Take into account individual differences and adapt to get the best results