Learn everything you need to know in order to get your first Drupal Commerce website set up and trading
- Understand the key concepts of Drupal Commerce, its philosophy, and how it fits in the Drupal Ecosystem
- Learn the essentials of planning your store to save time and frustration
- Set up and configure your store including the catalogue, taxes, discounts, coupons, and shipping
- Configure your cart and checkout process and integrate them with a payment gateway
- Learn with the help of a step-by-step guide to creating a new e-store using a real life example
Drupal Commerce is emerging as the preferred option for open source e-commerce, and it also stands up to comparison against established proprietary systems.
Getting Started with Drupal Commerce is an introductory guide to building an online store using Drupal Commerce in Drupal 7.
Getting Started with Drupal Commerce takes you step-by-step through a complete e-commerce website build, from a clean installation of Drupal to a working example store. Starting with how to set up a Drupal development environment, we then discuss the planning of an e-commerce site and the typical questions you should be asking before getting started.
Next, we walk through all of the essential setup required for most types of e-shop, including taxes, shipping, discounts and coupons, the checkout process, and backend order management. By the end of Getting Started with Drupal Commerce, you will be fully-equipped to plan and build your own store and you will understand the fundamental principles of Drupal Commerce that will enable you to progress to more complex store builds.
What you will learn from this book
- Learn the fundamental concepts of Drupal Commerce
- Install Drupal and Drupal Commerce in a local development environment
- Plan an e-shop for building in Drupal Commerce
- Install and configure Drupal Commerce
- Set up a product catalogue and learn the difference between product displays and variations
- Configure VAT and sales tax
- Set up the checkout process
- Create price variations and special offers for products and customers
- Manage the order process in Commerce Backoffice
- Extend Commerce with more contributed modules
A simple yet concise step-by-step tutorial that starts from scratch and builds up your knowledge with focused examples that will enable you to set up and run an e-commerce website.
Who this book is written for
This book is for beginners and will take you through the installation and configuration of Drupal Commerce from scratch, but some familiarity with Drupal 7 will be an advantage. All examples are based on development on a local computer - you do not need a hosted Drupal environment.